Susan Thompson Buffett Scholarship Info. & Tips
This is an AWESOME scholarship opportunity for Nebraska high school students as it awards significant funds and is renewable with a reasonable GPA expecation. It is also a LOT of work so be sure that you are eligible before you go to all of that work!
To be eligible you MUST HAVE:
- an EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) below $15,000 as determined by the federal goverment through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.)
- Calculate your family’s likely EFC at College Funding Estimator
- a C+ (2.5 or 83%) cumulative GPA
- plans to attend a Nebraska PUBLIC college (examples include Northeast Community College, Wayne State College, UNL, UNO or UNK. All other Nebraska community colleges or state colleges and the Nebraska College of Technical Ag. at Curtis are all eligible.)
- be a first-time freshman attending college.