The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship for high achieving, self-motivated students. The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester, for up to eight consecutive semesters, to help recipients graduate college debt free. Over Eight Hundred Hagan Scholars from 42 states are currently attending 325 colleges and universities.
Recipients must graduate from a public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents and enroll at a four-year not-for-profit college or university the first semester following high school graduation. Scholarship benefits include Free Workshops, Schwab Accounts, and Study Abroad;providing recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically taught as a part of the school curriculum.
1. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
2. Must attend a traditional public high school located in the U.S. that is governed by a school district.
3. Must have achieved a 3.50 Cumulative Grade Point Average.
4. Must enroll at an Eligible Four-Year College or University the first semester following high school graduation.
5. Must maintain a four year or less graduation schedule in college.
6. Must work 240 hours each year, from January 1 until commencement of the fall semester in college. Employment must be regularly scheduled work performed under supervision for compensation.
7. Applicant’s Gross Household Income reported for 2021 Federal Income Tax Purposes must have been less than $85,000. “Household Income” is defined as the total gross income received by all members of a household living under the same roof.
8. Must complete the FAFSA and provide the EFC.
9. Must apply for Federal and State grants if eligible.
10. Must not have a felony conviction.